How Do I Download These Specific Files (see Link) To Mp3

Discussion in 'Software' started by jacknscoob, Mar 14, 2016.

1. jacknscoob

jacknscoob Corporal

Hi Guys

I am looking to download these audio files to play on my ipod offline (MP3 files, yes??).

http://www.recoveryaudio.org/all-recordings

Ideally I would like to download them in a bulk method. However, if this is not possible, how do I easiestly download each file to MP3, so I can transfer to my Ipod.

I have had a go and not all the audio files are the same, some are utube etc.

Thanks in advance

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. jacknscoob

jacknscoob Corporal

Thanks. I have started using this, however it is taking a while.........is the idea of this one to do a bulk download? Thanks

4. jacknscoob

jacknscoob Corporal

Hi again. Re the above software. I have used it and "downloaded the website" option. The files have downloaded....what do I do next?

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I didn't use the software. You'd have to look for wherever the program saved it.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

There are 5772 files on that site. I downloaded one which was something like 15.8 MB.

If all files are about that size, this would be 89 GB of files!
    How large is your iPod?

Before I download anything, and I never download thousands of files at a time, I determine the size of what I'm downloading.

It is crazy to download 89 GB of files. That's more than my Windows install and programs currently occupy.

MaxTurner likes this.
  7. Skullduggery's Dupe

Skullduggery's Dupe Master Sergeant

I've used this and I like it:

Pazera Free Audio Extractor 2.1

It will extract audio in MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, M4A, OGG or WAV format from all major video formats including AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MOV, RM, 3GP, WMV, WebM and VOB. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a Batch Mode to extract audio from a whole bunch of video files in one fell swoop.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The files, at least the ones I looked at, are already mp3 so no "extraction" is needed
    There are no video files, they are all audio.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

If downloaded the MP3s, then to add them to your iPod for playback you need to add them to your iTunes library, its as easy as open iTunes and open the main library or a create a new playlist and add them to that then sync with your iPod. Note: dont need to create a playlist but helps to segregate various media, music moods etc

You can only add media if you have enough space left, so may not be able to add all the things you want.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds