how do i enable autoarrange?

Discussion in 'Software' started by help, Nov 22, 2003.

1. help

help Corporal

every time i install a new appz or gamez the startmenu doesnt automatially arrange it in alphabetical order,same as when i move files around in my docs,i always have to either sort by name or click autoarrange.anyway to fix this regstry key or sometin.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

open windows explorer .. right click in background.. arrange icons as desired.

At the top. go to tools, folder options, view tab and click the button that says "LIKE CURRENT FOLDER". this will set it so that every location is set up just as you desire.

3. help

help Corporal

yes i know that,but id rather have it do it automatically.im a very lazy person u know.;)

4. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Yah BUT, guys, ...

(EDIT: Whoops! help beat me to this!)

What "help" is looking for is a setting that will keep his Start Menu Programs folders all in alpha order, no matter what gets changed, so he won't HAVE to right click and hit Sort BY Name ... an autosort setting.

And I don't think there IS any such animal.

Every time I add a new setting to a shortcut in a Start Menu Programs folder, that folder goes to the bottom of the list of folders, and when I add a new program folder to the list of folders in Start Menu Programs during an installation of a new program, that NEW folder is always at the bottom of the list the next time I open Start Programs.

So? Big deal. I right click any folder, click Sort by Name, and the dirty work gets done. And it stays done til I make new changes or add a new folder during an installation.

help, I think yer outta luck on this one.

5. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

Been looking for an easy way too. Thanks Wisewiz :)

6. Warlock Weary

Warlock Weary Private E-2

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  7. help

help Corporal

ok thanks guys

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds