how do i get data off a damaged cd?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N5638J, Jul 25, 2005.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

the cd has afew marks on it from someone setting something on it i bought a $14 Memorex OptiFix Pro (it cleans cd's and can also fix them) well it worked alittle but still am unable to get some data i need off it is there any kind of software i can download that will get it off without freezing up on me and is there something around the house i could use on it to make my pc beable to read it so i can get it off and burn it to another cd

is there any software i can download that will work with my dvd rom or cd-rw to get it off?
    sony 16x dvd-rom
    LiteOn 52x32x52x cd-rw

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

3. Gnee

Gnee Private E-2

isobuster does the trick ;)

4. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

5. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i am useing cdroller but its been going all night will my dvd-rom get damaged from running for so long its been going on for over 15hours and its only got like 25% off the disk so far

and why you pay for it to save when you would think they would give you like a 15day trial on it or a one disk trial

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If they did that, no one would buy it.

If you aren't happy with it, try IsoBuster (freeware) as suggested earlier and/or another drive.

Some sectors on poorly recorded or damaged media may take forever to extract, regardless of which program you use.

7. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i tried isobuster on it befor and it did not work towell on this disk but it worked on others i am happy with it getting all the data off i am just woried about my dvd-rom getting damaged from it taking so long

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds