How do i get MIDI to work in LMMS

Discussion in 'Software' started by XTAL256, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTAL256

XTAL256 Private First Class

I am trying to convert a MIDI file to MP3 using LMMS (on XP), but i get this error when importing the file:
    I have always had problems trying to play MIDIs using LMMS and although i know that MIDI's need a sound bank (or whatever you call it) to play, i never understood why one was not provided or how i could tell LMMS to use one.

When i look in the setting under the MIDI tab, all i see is a drop-down box with "WinMM MIDI" and a box below that saying "Settings for WinMM MIDI" but with nothing in it.

Does anyone know what i can do to use a sound bank with LMMS? Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. brassrockss

brassrockss Private E-2

Hi

Did you find the answer to your question? I am new to this site and i have the same problem.

3. smartguykid

smartguykid Private E-2

you have to download a soundfont online search up download chorium soundfont and download it and it should be a .sf2 once the full download is complete
    save the soundfont to your documents folder
    open lmms ->edit->settings->paths->default soundfont file
    click on the blue folder next to that and go to your documents and double click press okay when you're back to your paths screen and then restart lmms and you should be good

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I'm going to leave this in case it helps someone, but it's a 3 year old thread, so the OP is most likely gone or fixed the issue. Please look at the date before responding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds