How do i get my Administrator password on Windows 2000, Xp, SP2? pls help me

Discussion in 'Software' started by j4l4ni, Feb 20, 2005.

1. j4l4ni

j4l4ni Private E-2

pls help me. i just wanna know the techniques on how to get the ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD>

i hope someone will share his knowledge..

thanks. im new here! im from philippines

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

3. fishkake

fishkake Private E-2

You've got me curoius now. Obviously not asking for hacking tips, but is there actually a way to get the administrator password? I assumed it was kind of impossible, unless you wrote a program that just tried every password until something worked...

Surely if there is a way to retrieve the admin password from Windows, then there is no security there at all!!

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You can retrieve the password from any OS, not just windows.

Just takes the know how, and the correct programs.

5. j4l4ni

j4l4ni Private E-2

for example. i forgot my password in Xp, 2000, XPsp2. how do i retrieve?

pls help me in my problem!

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well, the password is stored in a "hash" which is in the security.sam file in Windows NT variant (so, NT 2k 2k3 and XP). It is possible to decode the hash to obtain the password. But, I'm not going to tell you how ;) Easiest way is to overwire the hash with a new one, which is exactly what that boot disk above does.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds