How do I get the little coloured blocks back? (Defrag)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aimee Wilbury, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

When I finally upgraded to NT-based Windows (2007) from Windows 98, one thing I noticed is that the defrag doesn't have the little coloured blocks. I loved watching them dance around.

Anybody know a good, free defragger with them? There's no screenshots on MG, and I don't know if I'd want to get stuff like this from other sites.

Oh, I've got Vista Home Basic.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

3. Kestrel13!

Also FYI: On most download pages here if you look towards the top right hand side you will almost always find an option for a screenshot, click it and view it. :)

screenshot.PNG

4. Aimee Wilbury

Aimee Wilbury Staff Sergeant

Thanks, I don't know how I missed it.

5. Kestrel13!

very easily done...took me a while to figure out how to navigate round. You'll soon get used to it :)

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I use Auslogics as well. Very good program.

7. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Wow you actually enjoy watching the defrag in progress, You are well on your way to being a certified geek :-D

8. maxdamage

maxdamage Private First Class

Has anybody been able to get the win 98 defrag prog to run properly in win xp as win xp pro is preventing the defrag prog to access the hdd when I click on the defrag button in the win 98 defrag menu window?I really loved that defrag prog and miss it and would love to be able to use it in win xp pro!

Attached Files:

9. maxdamage

maxdamage Private First Class

Thanks but atm I use a combination of window xp pro's defrag utility and O&O defrag v4 pro edition but I am not happy with both of those programs. :( Thats why I asked that question.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds