how do i overclock my dell PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by P__S__2, Aug 13, 2004.

1. P__S__2

P__S__2 Private E-2

hi i never overlcoked something in my life..and i need help overclockibg my Dell Demension 2400 its 2.7ghz and 256mb of ram...and is overclocking dangerous

2. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

Yes it is. Check this place for explanation.

3. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

by te way, yes, overclocking is very dangerous compared to normal computing

4. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

i think this is a good read:

http://www.pcguide.com/opt/oc/

i realise his opinion isn't going to be very popular in this forum but it does give you an alternative viewpoint as well as it is informative

5. renegadeone8

renegadeone8 Private E-2

you cant overclock a dell. they lock all their stuff.:rolleyes:

6. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

You should stay with the 2.7GHz and just uprgade the ram.

7. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

overclock a dell.....HA....good luck overclocking any of those factory made computers.

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

My first overclock would be another 256 megs of ram. Typical with Dells, you dont have enough. Theres a lot of performance tweaking to be done by unistalling all their bundled crap that runs at Windows startup. Frankly, I take any brand name machine and format it immediately with a clean Windows install, add what I want, tweak and make my own image. These steps will seriously improve your speeds making you forget overclocking.

9. NoDNArB

NoDNArB Private E-2

Why are all you people saying You cant overclock a dell yes you can and it is with a little program called cool cpu or the lite version wich is cpufsb.But for perminent overclocks dells automatically put their multipliers in the bios so all you have to do is change your bios with a flash and a edited version of your new bios that is another program from http://www.biosmods.com/ buy a brand new good cooling system and then use my advice

10. axsb

axsb Private E-2

what utilities do download when the guide tells me to go to Bootdisk.com and download a DOS image????

I also have a DELL.

11. xxxxnutterxxxx

xxxxnutterxxxx Private E-2

ok i have dell 4400 model at p4 1.6ghz 400mhzfsb, i put a 160gb 7200 rpm maxtor hard drive in it an added 256 ram total (512), i put a geforce4 fx5200 in it but my stupid motherboard doesnt support 8x only 4x. why is my ghz still only at 1.6? do i need a new motherbaord or those bois things u guyz have been talkin about??? plz give me the 411 on it.

12. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Here donno if it will work on a dell. but definitely go for atleast 512 and get all that dell crap of it should be a new machine ;) ..........

13. xxxxnutterxxxx

i downloaded a few said cipset didnt macth found 1 that opend but i cloudent click clocks or k8find/vid i cloud only click about plz help me find the right 1 i have a gay ass motherboard that came with my dell 1K529 ASSEMBLY, CARD (CIRCUIT), PLANAR (MOTHERBOARD), DIM4400, AUDIO

14. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Find the clock gen and post the #on it here it shouldent be to hard to find

Attached Files:

15. xxxxnutterxxxx

ok i downloaded cpu-z to get my mobo info Manufacturer- intel corpration, Model- d845pt aaa67834-304 Chipset-intel i845d rev 4 Southbridge- intel 82801ba (ich2)

16. xxxxnutterxxxx

ok i found the intel one an i can open it an get what my fsb is but it wont let me change it or "SET VALUES" it just says weird shit that doesn't make sense do i need a new bois???

17. sky2k4

sky2k4 Private E-2

Re: how do i overclock my dell 4400 dimention PC

ey guys im new here but i have old dell 4400 dimention i upgraded the ram installed a New version of xp pro... so is it true i cant overclocke this board?
    Intel Pentium 4 (Willamette)
    heres my info

please let me know what i can doo I know the max is 2ghz but i want to know if i can overclock this baby or if i have to buy a new prossr,
    Thanks

18. timmyyj

timmyyj Private E-2

hey...i want to overclock my dell 8400, but those programs i don't trust ^^ i wanna just go in n modify my bios, n which program are u talking about in that site? i can't find the exact program that u are talking about....can u tell me the name or just post the link?? thx lot

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds