how do I read an .img file in Windows 98SE?

Discussion in 'Software' started by madpete, Jul 20, 2008.

1. madpete

madpete Private E-2

Hi Guys,
    I hope I am not asking a question that has been answered before, but I couldn't see a search window to look. I have Windows 98SE on my PC and have downloaded an .img file for the drivers for a Netgear router. As instructed by Netgear, I have burned the file onto a CD, but still cannot open it in a readable form or run it to install on my PC. Is there a way to use this file or do I have to convert it? I don't have the installation disc as my son gave me the router and couldn't find the disc. I am a bit of a novice with PCs so could anyone help me please ( replies in layman's terms please as I am not very conversant with computer terminology ). Many thanks, Peter.:)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi madpete

You can use ImgBurn to burn the .img to CD/CDRW, its as easy as installing the software, running it and then click Write Image file to Disk, locate the .img file and click Write at Bottom.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds