How do I remove Search Suggestions option-dropdown box?

Discussion in 'Software' started by luckyvic, Jul 12, 2007.

1. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

How do I remove this option? I can disable it but it returns when I close and then reopen IE.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Odd. Ccleaner (drive section) can delete all typed urls and index.dat. Do that with browser closed. Open browser settings, then shut off auto complete. See if that works.

3. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Nope, still comes back. Dang it.

4. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

I can disable it on one window and when I open another IE window the option is there! Weird.

5. evilfantasy

evilfantasy Malware Fighter

I haven't used the Yahoo! toolbar in a while but, if you have it installed you may have to go to it's options and disable it there. That could explain why it resumes in new windows.

6. evilfantasy

OK, I just went to Yahoo! Answers. There are multiple threads being submitted all within the last 24 hrs. and the consensus is that it can not be turned off. A new tool from Yahoo! that isn't being received well.

7. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

OK, I just went to Yahoo! Answers. There are multiple threads being submitted all within the last 24 hrs. and the consensus is that it can not be turned off. A new tool from Yahoo! that isn't being received well.

Thanks for all the help from everybody here. It wasn't happening a few days ago, seems it started when I did the Windows Update on Tuesday. Could that have the cause? Either way it's a minor annoyance, but I wished Yahoo would have left some options to the users to what they want and don't.

Could you be so kind and give me the link the Yahoo! Answers threads? Thanks.

8. evilfantasy

9. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Thank you very much for the links. Yeah lots of ticked-off people.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds