How do I remove Windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ttank59, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ttank59

ttank59 Private E-2

I'm trying the beta version of Windows 7. It has to be un installed around Aug. I tried to remove it by using an XP pro disc. it can't find the hard drive. I did have Vista Home before I upgraded, but I don't want Vista anymore. Any suggestions?

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Whoa man, you're going in two directions here ATM. XP will not see the Vista/W7 installs as the boot is different. Do you still have XP accessible, or as Bill says, nuke the whole drive? You don't have to do that, not yet anyways. The upgrade bothers me, you'll probably have to get rid of the Vista/W7 install..

4. ttank59

ttank59 Private E-2

I had Vista first then wanted to try Windows 7, now I want to put XP on my laptop.

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

OK, very simple. Boot up to the XP CD and choose to format the whole drive or the partition that Vista/W7 resides on, depending on your hard drive configuration. If you do have partitions then everything should still be there after you reload XP.

Oops, missed the laptop part. Was XP pre-installed? Best thing is to restore to factory condition, brand new clean drive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds