How do I resume a download

Discussion in 'Software' started by Elast, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Elast

Elast Private E-2

Twice today I tried dnlding AVG from the AVG site and the dnld stopped prematurely because of bad connection on my comp. I have dialup and the 18Megs take 3-4 hours to dnld. I was 99% finished once. Is there a way to resume the 99% dnld?
    Thanks Elastconfused

2. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

I'll let MA answer. ;)

People with dialup connections often have trouble using a download manager. The reason for this is that download links expire to protect us from other websites linking to our files. In other words, after a few hours your browser and download manager are trying to download from a link that no longer exists.

To use a download manager, try using PlanetMirror or Internode, as they are public servers and do not use the same timer. This should allow you to download the file and resume on slower connections.

3. manmachine

manmachine Private E-2

If you use a download manager you should configure it to ' ping ' from time to time to keep the connection alive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds