how do i retrieve my regkey from my computer?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jubatus, Feb 23, 2004.

1. jubatus

jubatus Private E-2

i lost my warcraftiii cd-key and the only way i can retrieve it is by checking it out of my computer. somebody advised me that i can view it through start>run>regedit. i followed this path and it seemed i still couldn't find the reg key. please help.

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

hi jubatus
    some games store this in the registry so you maybe able to retrieve
    first of all you need to find the maker of the software like ea games etc etc

once you know this try searching in HK LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NAME OF THE COMPANY/GAME NAME/then possibly a sub key /ERGC
    this should display the key in the right window

3. dflw.2ya.com

dflw.2ya.com Private E-2

I could be wrong....

but thats the registration key for the actual program when u register it in to windows so windows know where it is.

id imagine it would be in one of the actual game files like the
    ini or the cfg Buti doubt it would be in the cfg.
    I hope you find it and get it to work.
    also jv16 powertools is much better than regedit do a search on this site (that is if your adimant that you should be searcing the windows registry keys)

[​IMG]

4. General_Lee_Stoned

i wont bother forgiving you as youll only get in a strop if i do :rolleyes:

but on a lot of games this is exactly where the information is kept, i never said it was for this specific game just trying to help out

actions speak louder than words so take a look heres my cd-key for MOHAA in my registry (made sure i cut the end off lol)

5. jubatus

jubatus Private E-2

i looked into the regedit path but i still couldn't find it. is there a software maybe that i can use to get it, like, the brute force or something?

6. General_Lee_Stoned

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds