How Do I Separate Favicon Sets?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mkhelen, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Mkhelen

Mkhelen Private E-2

I downloaded what I thought was one favicon; however I got a SET of eight. I only need one favicon out of the eight to apply to a Favorite, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. I've gotten answers from other sources but none work, such as downloading IrfanView. This set is from IconShop.113 and one reply was to highlight the preferred icon, right click, and choose export as icon. This works with one icon but not with a set and I simply cannot extricate the desired favicon from the rest of the set. PLEASE, can someone show me the way. I have Windows XP. Many thanks, Helen N.:(

Last edited: Nov 20, 2003
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have the link to the download so I can see what you are looking at and in that set which is the icon you want?

3. Mkhelen

Mkhelen Private E-2

Thanks Halo. I hope you can solve my question. The set came from http://www.iconarchive.com/ . Click Food Icons/click Cheese Icons. The icon I want is the second one;ie, the swiss cheese. Much appreciation for your ongoing help.

While I'm at it, I noticed you have an avatar. I clicked on to choose an avatar but nothing happened other than the usual pop up (preview,edit, send to, etc.). It said you had to have "0" posts in order to choose an avatar. Do you know what I must do to get an avatar? Helen

4. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

Did you click on the link right below the icon (.gif or .ico) you wanted or did you click on the link that says "Download all 10 Cheese Icons:"?

5. DavidGP

Hi Helen

on that page with the cheese icons where it says .ico just right mouse click and choose save target as and that will download just that icon for use in XP

*oh and as for the Avatar I think you need to have 10+ posts or more to allow you to have your own uploaded ( Kodo, MA or Abby may have a better clue )

plus see attached zip file for that icon I just downloaded ;)

6. Mkhelen

Mkhelen Private E-2

:D WOW!! Thanks Jamiko and Halo. Who knew what the "fine print" meant! This solved my problem just in time, too, because I was headed for the looney bin trying to figure it out.

You, too, have an avatar. Would you mind reading the second half of my questiion to Halo about how to get an avatar, choosing from the Geeks list at Edit Options. Would appreciate it. And, again, thanks a million. YOU MADE MY DAY. :D Helen

7. DavidGP

As for the Avatar..... goto User CP > Edit Options > Change Avatar

you can either choose one of the provided ones by clicking the circle thing next to the avatar you like ( there are 5 pages of ready made ones ) then click Submit Modifications to activate the chosen one.

or when you have more than 25 post you can by using Browse upload one from your PC but they must be within these limits

and again to activate click Submit Modifications.

hope this helps

8. Mkhelen

Mkhelen Private E-2

Thank you again!! Now I have an Avatar. You see, since I didn't have an avatar before, it didn't occur to me to click "CHANGE AVATAR." I had just clicked onto the Avatar page, which didn't have any little circles. These little things are having their day with me. I'm sure grateful for folks like you because it's really an oxymoron to say I'm self-taught when I depend on others to lead me along. You've turned my day into a smile;) Helen

9. DavidGP

Glad to help Helen :)

and hope the rest of your day is full of SMILES!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds