How do I setup sound onto from my PC to TV?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rickstermar555, Nov 30, 2010.

1. rickstermar555

rickstermar555 Private E-2

Hello

My "Green" female slot my main sound is already taken. It is connected to my monitor. The pictures below are the slots I have available to connect sound. I have an old TV which only takes component and RCA cables. I don't have a HDTV.

I'm getting a new graphic card with a VGA/D-Sub and DVI. The VGA is going to the monitor. I'm going to be using DVI to component cable for the video...but how do I get dual sound from my PC to the TV?

What cables will I need and which one do I connect it to?

If I get a 3.5mm jack with RCA cables and connect it to the "Orange"/Digital Audio hole to the TV, will the sound work for that?

Thanks a lot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

No pictures are appearing in your post.

However, you could use a splitter for the jack that's being used (1 to 2 stereo mini jack adapter). Then, run the mini jack cable to a stereo to RCA red/white plug adapter which can then connect to the TV. That's one possibility. However, I'm not entirely sure if selecting the input source on the TV will match the DVI video with the RCA audio...?

What's your TV model?

3. rickstermar555

rickstermar555 Private E-2

Yes that should work for me. I'm going to get a splitter and a RCA cable. THanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds