how do I shut down browsers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sandritamia, Nov 25, 2006.

1. sandritamia

sandritamia Private E-2

Don't laught, but I'm following the "remove spyware" instructions and need to know the steps to make sure all browsers are closed before continuing with the malware removed in safe mode. I'm trying........

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The only things you need to do is to maybe print out the guide steps, as you know will need to close all browsers, but to close all browsers the easy option is to click in IE, Firefox, Opera etc the Red X in the top right corner of any web browsers ( Browsers = the likes of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera etc ), Make sure you have all the relevent software downloaded and ready to run.

or once you start in Safe Mode do not open Internet Explorer, Firefox or whichever web browser you use, then follow the steps.

3. sandritamia

sandritamia Private E-2

THANK YOU.......I guess sometimes I'm afraid to assume it's as simple as it appears when it comes to this computer stuff!!!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Your most welcome, the answer is only easy if you know it, so never be afraid to ask, we here at Majorgeeks will not make fun of you if the question seems easy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds