How do I span a file across several floppy disks

Discussion in 'Software' started by ITgirl, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ITgirl

ITgirl Private E-2

Hi,

I would appreciate it if someone could remind me of how to span a file, which is too large to hold on one floppy, across several floppies.

Thanks!

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

What exactly are you trying to do? Does the floppy have to be bootable or are you just trying to get a larger file onto the computer using floppy disks?

3. hacker183

hacker183 Private E-2

if its a larger file you need to move I would say use winrar and set it to make 1.44mb files and it will chop it up for you...

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah, I know this doesn't help at all, but is there any reason why you can't just burn the file to a CD?

(I was going to mention using WinRAR also but hacker183 beat me to it ;) WinRAR is available right here at Major Geeks, just click this link)

5. ITgirl

ITgirl Private E-2

Thanks for that. I thought of Winrar but wasn't sure. To answer your question, I need to fit a large virus def file on a floppy.

Thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds