How do I stop printing so much green?

Discussion in 'Software' started by wwalker555, Jun 19, 2009.

1. wwalker555

wwalker555 Corporal

When I print anything from the Geeks forums I get to much green -- how do I just print the content (words) of the a thread without having to get all that heavy green background?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:banghead I don't have a printer handy right now, but I know there's a setting where you can leave out the background and print only the text. Yeah, I know, not real helpful, but as soon as I get to a printer, I'll post the info. Probably tomorrow some time. I don't think it matters if you're on XP or Vista (or something else) but it might help if you told us which Windows version.... and I'm sure someone else will come along with more info before I get to a printer tommorrow...
    ;)

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Copy and paste to word/ notepad etc and print :)

Cheers...

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

when i first read the subject of this post, i thought to myself, "why is this person complaining about printing too much green ($$) ? :-D

for the issue, I am using firefox, and i think it skips the background colors by default, cause when i go to print preview, it doesnt show the background color.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Click Thread Tools and then choose Show Printable Version and that is basicall a basic B/W version of page with minimal colour.

6. wwalker555

wwalker555 Corporal

I am having the problem using a desktop running XP. When I print the samething using my laptop running Vista, I have no problems. I am sure there is a setting some place where I should be able to eliminate the problem but I can't find it.

Right now, I select the info I want to print and tell my HP C7280 printer to only print the what is selected . I get that and the rest of the page is that deep green background... the page is even wet from all the ink!!!

Help

7. wwalker555

wwalker555 Corporal

I wish - lol. What you are printing is what I get with my laptop. That is what I want. What I am getting with my desktop is what is on the website. If I only print a small amount of text, I get the rest of the page is the deep green you see on the borders of the MajorGeeks website.

It is not only MajorGeeks that is causing this problem... I have the same problem regardless of the website.

8. wwalker555

wwalker555 Corporal

Fixed the problem. I had checked to make sure Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced/ Printing - Print Background Colors and Imaging was not clicked -- it wasn't. That was the only place I knew to correct this problem. I finally brought up Print Preview and saw Page Setup. There was another Print Background Colors and Images that needed to be turned off. rolleyes

It appears this corrected the problem. Hope this helps if anyone else runs into the same problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds