How do i switch the connectors on my fans?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Hi every one,
    I just bought a fan controller and i need to make four of my fans 3pin connectors. i looked around and all i found was 3pin to 4pin adapters. Is there any way i can cut off the 4pins and buy 3pin connectors and work something out? Any help or some links would be cool.
    Thanks

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

i cant remember the exact science but when i converted mine the 4 pin connectors actually only had the two wires in the molex so i removed these found some old 3 pin connectors soldered the wire togethers and covered with heat shrink tubing or electrical tape would do the same thing

edit: i have got an old pc in which i tested each fan after rewiring to make sure they worked been running them for 6 months with no problems

3. Anon-15281db623

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  4. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Looks like you solved it.
    a word of caution, though. If your fan came with a Molex connector it might draw too much current to be powered by the motherboard connector.

5. Anon-15281db623

i was plannig on using my fan controler. it connects to the powersupply and that will supply all the power to all my fans. thanks for all the help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds