How do I translate a PDF file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by foreverice, Dec 12, 2006.

1. foreverice

foreverice Private E-2

Hello all,

I found a manual for an old motherboard online. The motherboard has never been used and I know that it is about 6-8 years old. Regardless of it's age the fact that it's brand new and never been used intrigues me. I would like to see what it's capable of and since I got it for free (hand-me-down) I would like to try to run it.

So, I have a PDF file in Japanese. Is there a way to translate this PDF Users Manual into English.

If anyone has a clue let me know. In the mean time I will try Adobe's site or search the web.

thanks,
    foreverice

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Chinese man for a Japanese text ....don't think so.

What is the motherboard ...may be able to find an English version.

3. foreverice

foreverice Private E-2

It is an ASUS P5A Super Socket 7, 5 PCI slots and AGP2x I believe, 2 ISA slots. I was able to find the manual to the P5A-B, but I'm not sure if its compatible.

Here is a pretty good look at it http://www.hardwarezone.com/reviews/mb/p5a/p5a.htm

Thanks for looking TimW.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. foreverice

foreverice Private E-2

Halo,

Thanks for retrieving that. I somehow managed to not find it on their site, but like you said I found their drivers in their support area.

Maybe I'll see about getting this board to run. Although, I'm not sure it's worth it. I do need something to do these days.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No probs.... maybe getting it to run and run Linux is a project to keep you busy?

or just getting a PC built from scratch is a good project in itself, you learn loads setting up a PC... hope you have fun :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds