How Do I Use Mobile Internet On Laptop?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Ninefifty, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Ninefifty

Ninefifty Private First Class

Hi all,
    I have unlimited internet access on my phone but I want to use this internet on my laptop computer.
    Problem is my lappy doesn't a sim card slot and neither would I want to take out my sim to place on a gadsget linking to my pc.

How do I do this please?

It's probably something I have overlooked somewhere.
    I do have Android 6.0 and I have superfast broadband at home which would be nice to be connected to when away from home and in places where I will not be able to connect to the internet because of not being given passwords.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

On your phone go to Settings > Tethering and select one of the options - USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Hotspot.
    Remember to enable the data connections on your phone.

Gaming Insider and Ninefifty like this.
  3. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

If I'm reading that sentence right, you're not going to be able to do that. On the road you'll use the data plan or public wireless.
    You won't be able to 'phone home' and use your home broadband.

Gaming Insider likes this.
  4. Ninefifty

Ninefifty Private First Class

Thank you.
    This is the missing link - untried as of now but will use in future.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds