how do i wipe my pc clean and do a restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by greasemonkey2824, Jul 21, 2010.

1. greasemonkey2824

greasemonkey2824 Private E-2

Ok i am running vista home premium 32 bit the hard drive is split so you can wipe it clean and recover just not sure how to do this as i never got any disk's when i bought this pos any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Do you mean it's partitioned?
    Do you have a recovery partition? The documentation that came with your machine should contain instructions how to restore the computer to factory settings.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Normally your HDD is partitioned to accommodate a recovery system (usually "E")

If you click on the MS logo bottom left of your screen and type in the search bar "recovery" it should give you the option to restore factory settings,first you need to save to CD,DVD,external HDD any files or folders you want to save and after recovery you will be able to re-install them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds