How do you prevent other users access to programmes running in taskbar?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Riaan, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Riaan

Riaan Private E-2

I have 3 programmes that run on all users taskbar. How do I prevent other users from gaining access to these programmes?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Disable the guest account on your computer and log out of your account when you leave the computer. That will remove the desktop and anyone going to your computer will have to log in to gain access. With no account and the guest account disabled, only an authorized user with a proper password will be able to log in and see the desktop and programs.

3. Riaan

Riaan Private E-2

I have 2 family members who have limited accounts and I'm the administrator. I have 3 programmes that run in the taskbar of all 3 users. These programmes are: Avast antivirus, Threatfire malware protection and AVG linkscanner. I do not want anybody to have access to these 3 programmes. But, these programmes run on their taskbar when they log on. What can I do to prevent them from using these programmes via their account taskbar? I do not want to prevent limited users access to the computer, only the 3 programmes mentioned. I do not want them to perform scans or change settings on these 3 programmes. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds