How do you uninstall Verizon Internet Security?

Discussion in 'Software' started by bper, Jan 1, 2013.

1. bper

bper Corporal

Hi,

Verizon Internet Security and Family Protection is installed on Win7 SP1 64bit.

When attempting to run it, it displays a blank white screen. When attempting to uninstall it, it gives a blank white screen.

I tried using Revo uninstaller and it tries to unistall with the program's uninstaller and gives the blank white screen.

No matter what I've tried, I can't get it removed and it still shows up in action center as being installed but turned off.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Call Verizon and ask them?

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi, Revo is good but only the pro version gives you the choice of a "forced uninstall". I now use the "FREE" Iobit uninstaller which is fantastic!! it does everything that revo pro does but is totally free!! simple to use and creates a restore point before uninstalling, so if you remove something by accident it can be easily undone, or if your system runs unstable after a deletion.

http://www.iobit.com/downloadcenter.php?product=advanced-uninstaller

Hope this helps.
    HAPPY NEWYEAR :major

4. bper

bper Corporal

Hi thanks for the suggestion. IOBit uninstaller gave similar results as revo. I'm still stuck looking for a solution.

5. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Happy new year my friend :)

You can go to

C:\Program Files\Verizon\Verizon Internet Security Suite\Fws.exe
    C:\Program Files\Verizon\Verizon Internet Security Suite\rps.exe
    C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepointComHandler.exe
    C:\Program Files\Verizon\McciTrayApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Verizon\VSP\VerizonServicepoint.exe
    C:\Program Files\Verizon\Verizon Internet Security Suite\RpsSecurityAwareR.exe

removing all of these folders manually help by this tool

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Unlocker_d4660.html

even you have a look at this topic

http://verizon.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100860 :wave

6. bper

bper Corporal

Happy New Year to you too my friend.

The McAffee removal tool asks for a username and password which when i enter it says that it is not the password that was used to install the software. I will try manually removing the files, hoping that that will solve the problem. I will then try to remove with some uninstall tools to see if there are any traces remaining

Thanks!

7. bper

bper Corporal

OK, none of those folders exist. There are McAfee folders. VISS is controlled by McAfee. Again, the tool to remove McAfee that I downloaded from majorgeeks asks for a username & password. It doesn't accept the one supplied. I'm stuck here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds