How format PC so that its drivers are deleted too

Discussion in 'Software' started by forummejl, Nov 27, 2014.

1. forummejl

forummejl Private E-2

How format pc so that pc set up is like factory new.

Is it possible to do it just with windows instalation CD. I belive it is, and it is called master reset, but how to preform it? I have asus x550d.

After my format all drivers remain intact, although i delete partiton and create new ones.

I cant find anything usefull in BIOS .

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Your drivers may be on your install disc.
    Be warned, a full clean install is not a trivial task
    If you want to come clean, check device manager and get drivers for everything, or at the very least your network connections (LAN and Wi-FI), put the drivers on a CD
    1) remove the HDD
    2) hook that HDD to another computer - be sure it is not the boot drive
    3) wipe the drive after being sure there is only one partition
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/eraser.html is the type of tool you need
    4) with a generic Windows CD (not the Asus one) install Windows
    5) you will probably need drivers at this point, do your network connection first
    6) build your system with drivers and updates of your choosing
    7) WHEW! make an image of all your hard work in case you need to do this again

3. forummejl

forummejl Private E-2

I cant disassemble pc because it still has warranty.

But its weird, while i was searching on google everbody has problem after formatting with deleted drivers. Why i cant delete drivers by formating ?

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Drivers are just software; when you format your HD, all software is deleted.

5. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I am guessing one of two things.
    Either your install CD has the drivers or you have a hidden restore partition.
    Good call on not voiding a warranty, can you get free support where you bought it?

Might I ask what exactly you need to do and why?

6. forummejl

forummejl Private E-2

How can i find restore partition and delete it ? When i create partitions i have one "partion" where is 100mb but i delete it too ?

7. forummejl

forummejl Private E-2

I am planning to use parted magic to format recovery partiton. Hope it is available by using parted magic. I will just format recovery partion, not delete it , hope after that i will be able install windows occasionally. I wont make USB backup becasue i am not interested in previous restore points

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds