How good really is the GeForce 4 Ti4200 128Mb?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vaosu, Apr 9, 2005.

1. vaosu

vaosu Private E-2

Someone from one of my classes said they had one, and it sucked. But I've heard from many people it's good card. I'm getting one for $50 from one of the forum members, and I was wondering if there was anything I should know. My system that's coming on Tuesday:

AMD Sempron 2800+
    768Mb DDR PC2100
    Win XP Pro
    nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 128Mb 8xAGP Video Card

Is there any problems with the graphics on these games: Call of Duty, Rise of Nations and Expansion, Diablo II, Everquest, Everquest 2, Lineage II, World of Warcraft, Counterstrike 1.6, Counterstrike Source, Brothers in Arms. Any glitches or such?

2. blaupunkt

blaupunkt Private E-2

thats a very old card! im sure you can pick something up better/newer than that for a simulor price!

3. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

well, if you don't mind not having dx9 capapbilities, it's a very decent and quick card. it will be faster than the super cheap pci/agp cards on the market that go for $50 on its own, so i think it's a good steal assuming you don't mind the lack of dx9

4. vaosu

vaosu Private E-2

Blaupunkt: I know it's an old card. It's also a good card.

Strogg: I heard about you could force DX9 to work on the card. But I'm fine with 8.1, as long as all my games work ok.

5. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i have that same card and it seems to be working just fine with DX9.0C

edit: dx9.0c came with the driver for the card i got from nvidia.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2005
  6. vaosu

vaosu Private E-2

Hmm, the card is designed for DX8.1 and nVidia gave you DX9.0c, maybe it'll work just fine with DX9 after all.

7. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

it'll work, but it's not optimized. like you can run dx9 games and possibly emulate dx9 stuff like lighting, but it won't look too dx9, since the dx9 stuff will run through the cpu and not the video card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds