How hot can my athlon 64 3800 get?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ladycashel, Sep 30, 2006.

1. ladycashel

ladycashel Private E-2

Hi,
    I am having a bit of a problem with possibly the cpu in my system. What is the temp my Athlon 64 3800 should run at, normal system and then under pressure?
    Thank you

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I found this: http://www.gen-x-pc.com/cputemps.htm

Personally, I do not like my CPU temps to go much over 45C at full load. Motherboard sensors may not be very accurate. What temperature is your CPU at now?

E

3. ladycashel

ladycashel Private E-2

Usually at around 67?? I have fans etc. I have an evo 120 heatsink. How do you keep your temps so low? Thanks

4. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

wow 67 (Celsius im assuming?) is WAY too hot to be running at. With water cooling mine idles around 35C and under load about 40-45C. Are you overclocking it? If you are, and you are still using the stock heatsink, you should definitely look into getting a new one.

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I have several AMD 64 939 chips OC all of em, I never let my Max Load CPU temp go over 50c
    You should keep yours under 50c
    I use air cooling, ThermalRight makes excellant HS for very reasonable prices

Running stock speeds even with stock HSF you should have no problem staying under 50c
    Several Few things factor into overall temps/cooling, the three big ones are:
    Room temp
    Case air flow
    Keep your system clean dust is your Enemy

Running at excessive temps will only shorten your hardware life

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

If you provide more info on your exact system, specs, case, # of case fans etc. maybe even some pic's
    Whats your room temp?
    Someone may be able to provide a proper cooling solution

7. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

my experience with A64's (and sempron64's) is that once you reach about 60C, they become unstable, and at 65C, they just crap out on you.

I try to keep mine in the 45-50 range.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds