how i get rid from IE8 blocking bar??

Discussion in 'Software' started by xromania™, Dec 12, 2012.

1. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

Every time i download a file from www.curse.com internet explorer 8 block it and need to allow manually making click on the bar who appear on top... how i get rid of this bar? i download thousand files from there

i tried in Security-trusted zones to add this site but is a error message who ask the site to have http/ at start but it have... is a retarded option, like all windows programers sorry.... but finally using a trick i added the site i think, but still is blocked

2. uffbros

uffbros Private E-2

Go to control panel...Internet options...Security tab...Internet...Custom level...Scroll down to downloads...The first one under downloads that is called file download..change that to enable then click ok at bottom..then apply on main window.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Try this ,
    In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then Internet Options.

If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
    In the Internet Options dialog box, from the Security tab, select the Internet zone, and then click Custom level... .

Scroll down to "Downloads". Under "File download" (IE 9) or "Automatic prompting for file downloads" (IE 8 or 7), select Disable.

4. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

thanks guys but lol, about same thing, your saying one, to disable and the other guy to enable... anyway tried both options and more, still not working... what can i do?

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Have you tried any other web browser? I just visited curse.com for the first time and downloaded a file using Firefox. It downloaded in the same manner as downloading from other sites.

6. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

ya i know but i want to use IE8 because i added from that site many links to favorites and in other browsers favorites are really retarded and cant be copied like any files, to a stick for example, or cant be organised so easy like in IE, the only browser integrated in windows

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Nonsense. You can export bookmarks to an HTML file with Firefox, Chrome, or Opera, just as you would do with IE.

8. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

sry but i want mainly to use IE, for me have a better interface etc..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds