1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how in the hack

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by odinsiren, Mar 28, 2007.

1. odinsiren

odinsiren Private E-2

i need to format my hard drive and i dont have a clue how.. windows me... i have tried ..wont let me
  2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

It's easy. You'll need a blank floppy disk, obviously a floppy drive, and if you need to reload Windows, you'll need the Windows CD. Anyway, here's what you do: Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Now click on the Startup Disk tab (top right of the small window that opened up). Now click on Create Disk and follow the on-screen prompts. Now you'll restart the computer and boot to the floppy disk you just created. You'll be given the option of starting with or without CDROM support (and a 3rd choice but I don't remember what it is, but we don't it, so it doesn't matter). Choose either choice. I usually choose 'without CD support' because things will proceed quicker. After a bit you'll bit sitting a prompt that looks alot like this:
    You'll type 'format c:' without the quotes, and follow the on-screen prompts. It takes a few minutes to complete, so have a beer while you wait ;)
    THAT'S IT!
    Keep in mind, that this will result in a 100% blank hard drive: no Windows, no nothin'! EVERYTHING will be gone.