How Is The Weather In Your Neighborhood?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Thanks and now I am in the hands of the insurance companies :eek:
    .......... I guess they will get back to me sometime ........ but I am not holding my breath :rolleyes:

3. michael robinson

michael robinson Corporal

No not yet.

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Stormy weather...

Matthew is showing his ass, unfortunately.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Wow. I used to use GreenLees, runnin' conduit. Rigids, too. That's a lost art form, for sure !!

Imandy Mann likes this.
  6. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I'm not so sure on the 'lost' part. For commercial and industrial type jobs here, pipe is required.

The owner of the other company wanted to know how to pay me for helping. I said 'nothing'. They were good to work with and considered them as friends. He gave his lead electrician a $20 and said - Find out what beer he likes.

So I got a case!

Caliban likes this.
  7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

That hurricane is a nastyass one, watched the video of the NOAA pilots flying into it! not the job i'd want!
    UK near me sunny but coldish, quite mild for time of year.

9. Bob D.

Bob D. Majorgeeks official old fart

Second day of overcast sporadic cloud bursts thunder, lightning.
    summer must be done. :)

10. joffa

Sunny and 27ÂșC with barely a breeze.....after the last few weeks of storms and cold weather it is about time ;)

11. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

It was the tied for hottest Halloween in 50 years in Colorado this year. Only one ski resort is currently open, it has been so warm and dry this year. This year is on par to be just as dry and warm, if not worse, than 2002.

12. Bob D.

About 79 days down to 59 nights, very windy.

13. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Wondering where California's predicted "wet winter" is.

14. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Earlier this month we set record high of 85F for November. Temps have been up and down. High this week is suppose to be 70. It is predicted to be a bad winter with lots of snow. I hope the prediction is wrong!

15. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Cold and windy. :eek: And November is the first month of summer. :confused:

16. ownthree

ownthree Corporal

It's mostly cloudy with a tad bit of rain out here. We don't get a lot of snow from where I'm from.

17. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Cool nights and early mornings, then sunny days. Would love it like this all the time.

18. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

19. joffa

How does the song go.........."thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening...."
    We've been having a huge storm system here in Melbourne and the lightning and thunder has been going solidly all night. We were out in the car on the Mornington Peninsula when it started at 5PM Saturday afternoon. We visited my mum and then we went home at about 10pm and the lightning continued striking the nearby Dandenong Ranges all night and the thunder was so loud it was shaking the house.
    Lucky our dog Shiloh isn't worried by the thunder..... she thinks it is the sub in our home theatre lol :rolleyes:
    It is now 9AM Sunday morning here and the lightning has eased off for the last hour or so. The weather bureau is predicting 60mm of rain today which is usually our average rainfall for all of April although the morning news is predicting 80mm to 100mm
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/w...to-give-way-to-cold-snap-20170407-gvgmg9.html

I might need to buy some galoshes to go out in my yard ;)

20. casiasser

casiasser Private First Class

Today 09-04-2017: The sun is shining from a cloud-free sky

21. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Yikes joffa! We had some tornado warnings here earlier in the week but thankfully no touch downs just lot of rain. Other wise a beautiful early Spring with lots of things blooming. The temps have been all over the place up and down for a couple weeks. Today it is sunny, warm and nice, good day to be outside.

22. joffa

Well the rain has finally eased off and I don't need to get a boat..... and luckily I am not in the high country of central Victoria as they have been having some heavy snow falls which usually doesn't happen until mid Winter.

@katkat going into Spring is good as you have probably had enough of Winter already. Tornadoes aren't very good and they can do so much damage in such a very short time. Luckily where I live doesn't get tornadoes although at times we do get some very strong winds but nothing like a twister.

23. Bob D.

80 - 90 day time
    down to 46 - 50's night time

24. ragmacaron

ragmacaron Private E-2

The weather is unpredictable here lately. Suddenly, the sun will be up and now it gets dark.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds