1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much is your gas price?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BoredOutOfMyMind, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Increase from $3.35 to $3.59 last month. Hiked to current $3.79 this week.

I see $4.59 at some Los Angeles stations. California is already bankrupt, now the citizens are suffering...

This is not a HBT attempt.
  2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Blame_ Fn Kadafi and Obumba
  3. silas

silas MajorGeek

Keep civil. But we pay 3.60 last night. 20 cent up from last time. And we live in a smaller town and less pay.
  4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Went to $3.39 (87 octane regular) here today.
  5. Bob D.

Bob D. Majorgeeks official old fart

Tucson Az.
    $2.999 for the cheep stuff.
  6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I pay around $3.80 on the local gas place with my discount card. $3.95 without the card.

We have one single pipeline feeding gas into our state, owned by Chevron. Guess what that does to gas prices... rolleyes
  7. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Crude Oil was climbing fast this week but dropped $1.50 today. Last week it was in the low $80's per barrel, I just checked it at kitco.com and its at $97.18.

Last Sunday I filled my truck at 3.139, today it's 3.499 at the same station.
  8. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

SC prices = $2.99 average for 87 octane...
  9. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

$5.10 for the US gallon.
  10. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Whoa. You win...
  11. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

87% octane with up 10% methanol = $3.05 per gal.
  12. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I haven't had to get gas in a few weeks (live close to work and usually walk) but last time I got it it was $3.34 a gallon. Crooked speculators using the middle east unrest to raise cost before the actual shortage develops . . . if it ever does.

Is the the time to mention that if the Feds would allow us to drill more off the coast and in parts of AK we wouldn't even need to rely on the middle east?

Expect it to go up far higher unless the Federal Government steps in and does something. Don't hold your breath for that though - seems they are worried about other things; like CA's Barbara Boxer ranting on about people sleeping in their offices . . . :confused Umm, yeah - THATS got me wringing my hands in despair :-D
  13. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Ours is around £1.25 per litre depending on which station,3.78 litres in a us gallon makes it £4.72 per gallon which works out at

$7.59 per US gallon, we win!

Literally most of the price we pay or fuel is tax,the price you pay for your fuel wouldn't even cover the tax we have to pay :-D

What worse ATM is the exchange rate,I was shocked just then the dollar is up to 0.61 value of the pound which is HIGH.For the uninformed that means America doing good we doing bad.

Basically what has happened is the gov has made huge cuts and the confidence in our currency has suffered which is exacerbating the problem.It would appear in this instance you guys,Obama got it right.

So I would say,think yourselves lucky:)
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  14. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

But, Rikky - the States are roughly 40 times the size of Great Britain, so we have more distance to travel on average. ;)

We could have a discussion about the president and the economy, but the HBT thread is no more . . . :-D

Seriously, though - it could get a lot worse.
  15. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

No Rikky we win. :-D To put in context the minimum wage in india (for 8hrs duty) for the entire month is $77.00 (Sevent seven)
  16. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Most of Europe is paying a high price for gas but as Rikky said the majority is tax.

In Belgium it is currently $6.40 per US gallon.
  17. motc7

motc7 King of Castor Oil

right, here is what's happening at the capitol of FEMA Region 6, i.e. Denton, TX.

Gas started on Monday at 2.88 a gallon.

As of last night, it's to 3.21 a gallon.
  18. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

We are paying $1.19 per ltr, which I guess amounts to $4.52 US gallon but I don't mind because I simply think of how much they are paying in the UK as Rikky noted. I guess it's because I come from the UK and unlike North Americans we Brits have never had anything cheap, same as when people here complain about 13% HST (sales tax), I've never seen sales tax that low, the UK's is currently 20%, income tax is the same idea, so to me, while I'm paying almost half of what I would be paying back home, I'm happy :)

@sikvik... So are you saying that the min wage there is 48c per hour?... if thats the case it must be reflected in taxes and prices, I earn over 20 times that and cannot pay the rent this month lol
  19. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Ned, the minimum wage as per labour laws is Rs 3500/- Per month
    This equates to around $77 Per month take home. This is for unskilled labour.
    Let me give you an example. A person earning 2K USD is fairly comfortable in India and would be in the middle to upper income earning lot.
    They would invest in a fuel efficient car costing approx 10k or less payable over 4-5yrs.
    Yes it's a prestige issue to own one here!
    They would not use it for transit to work. Unless distances were a max 20km both ways.
    They would need to save to go for a short holiday within India. With kids maybe once in two- three years.
    They would run the kitchen in tops $400.
    If they had a family house to live in fine. Else App $400 for a hole in the ground in any metro, PM.
    Weekend shopping splurge in a mall and catch a movie- no way.
    This would be the life of a senior manager. Same guy would probably earn 7-10k in the US and have a better standard of living. I think.

20. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

For a US Gallon the UK price average is $7.63 a gallon (at todays exchange rate) local price is £1.25 a ltr

But best part of that price is tax and duty which will equate to 60%+ of the actual price so dont know what taxes and duties the USA has on petrol (aka GAS)