How much RAM does Zone Alarm take up?

Discussion in 'Software' started by chris2005, Aug 27, 2004.

1. chris2005

chris2005 Private E-2

I want to get Zone Alarm but i'm afraid it might slow down my system. Will it?

Windows XP Professional
    256 RAM
    Pentium 3 996 MHz

Only have Norton, AIM and MSN running in the backround at all times. Thanks :cool:

2. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

ZA has never slowed my box down. What really did slow it down was Norton!!:D

3. carl_tapp_775

carl_tapp_775 Private First Class

I am running ZAlarm on mine also, I have only 128 MB Ram now. Doesn't hurt mine that I can tell. But Norton S**KS, find another AV program. My personal experience.
    CT

4. lplimon

lplimon Guest

If you plan to use zone alarm make sure that you watch out for SP2. As everyone already knows, it's bound to cause problems with its windows firewall. Try to find Zone Alarm 4.5 because it seems to be the only stable version of the firewall.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I'm running the latest ZA, no problem with SP2. I just made sure ZA wasn' running during the install. Shut off the Windows firewall, it's weak and no one should have 2 firewalls running at the same time, anyways. ZA is taking 3324KB of memory for me, a lot less than Norton ever did.

6. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Same here. I shut down ZA (I'm running the latest version (5.1.011) found here on MG) when installing SP2. When I restarted, windows noted that I had ZA running on restart and didn't start the IE firewall. It also noted that I am running Avast! Home antivir. No problems with either proggie, they function just the same as they always have.

7. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Exactly my experience too. Running ZA 5.1.011.000 with XP Pro SP2, and absolutely no problems. Have no problems with SP2 either, must be my lucky year.:)

When I get my add'l 512mb of RAM in life will be perfect (well on the computer anyways).:D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds