how the hell?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saece, Dec 2, 2004.

1. saece

saece Private E-2

ok i have a 512mb broadband line that has a usb modem, i have another pc i wanted to hook up to my line so i got a router now somehow im suposed to plug the router into the pc though the ethanet thingy, then plug the modem into the router, then from the router to the phone line? but on my modem i only have a socket for a phone line then it goes usb into the pc so ho wcan i do this?

2. Ciz

Ciz Corporal

:S
    this is how my network goes...
    Code:

/PC1
    |wall connection|----|Modem|----|Router|------PC2
                                                  \PC3

I have never read of that set up before... but i'm no expert, I juse like to look at my own posts...

back to the point... I think it might be easier for you to have bot PCs go thru the router... maybe someone will say otherwise...

well,
    Sorry I was of little help

all the best
    -Ciz

3. 44039

44039 Private First Class

I would get a modem that has an ethernet port. Check eBay, as they are all over the place.
    Otherwise, you could setup the PC with USB as a router, which then eliminates the need for the router you just purchased. This also make on PC dependent on the other.

Scott
    http://www.AAApcMechanic.com

4. KOB0724

KOB0724 Private First Class

I'm guessing you mean 512 kb. Which means you probably have DSL? Am I right so far? What kind of modem do you have? Who is your ISP(the person you pay for your internet connection)? Give me this information and more likely than not I can help you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds