? How to add apps. to auto-run dialog; Don't want Media Player to handle everything?

Discussion in 'Software' started by brjoon1021, Dec 5, 2005.

1. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Private E-2

When I put in a DVD movie, I have applications that do not show up as an option on the pop-up dialog. The pop-up has play with Windows Media Player and open folder to view files and do nothing.

Similarly, when I put in a music CD or MP3 on DVD I get pretty much the same choices. I would like to be able to search through my program files and add the other players that I have installed and have them show up on the dialog. Otherwise, I have to close out of that dialog, open the apps. that are not on the list and fidget around with that.

I also have a zip program called 7 zip that is installed but does not come up when I open a zip file. I get the option to use windows own zip utility or winzip which I don't even have.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds