How to Add Toolbar in Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by CharlesE, Aug 24, 2009.

1. CharlesE

CharlesE Private E-2

On my XP system I was able to find the executables for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc., make shortcuts to them and save them in a folder "Microsoft Office", for example. I would use the "New Toolbars" feature to make toolbar for Microft Office. Since I can't find any of the executables to make shortcuts, I can't make a toolbar. There may be a way to do this is Vista--any suggestions?

2. samtal

samtal Corporal

Have you tried:

To make your own toolbar:

1. Choose Toolbars from the View menu.
    2. Select "Customize".
    3. Click on the Toolbars tab, and then on the "New" button.
    4. Give the toolbar a name.

3. CharlesE

CharlesE Private E-2

That part is easy. The question I asked is how do I add shortcuts to (for example) Microsoft Office programs to a toolbar. The way I did it on XP was to make a new folder, add shortcuts to the new folder and add the folder as a new toolbar. The problem I am having is where to find the files to make a short from.

4. CharlesE

CharlesE Private E-2

Re: How to Add Toolbar in Vista -- Solved

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I just when to Start/All Programs and picked a Microsoft Office program, right clicked on it to get properties and then selected details. This gave me the directory where all of the Microsoft Office shortcuts were hiding. After that it was easy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds