How to Backup Registry WITHOUT CD?

Discussion in 'Software' started by TechStupid, Oct 6, 2005.

1. TechStupid

TechStupid Private E-2

Hey...

I purchased a pc with Windows XP Home edition preinstalled. This was about 1 and a half yrs ago, so my 1 year warranty has expired.

I did not receive any Windows XP Home Edition CD with the purchase (though I did receive an Acer System CD and a Recovery CD). Now, I need to format my computer (recovery, using the two cds mentioned above). But I heard that you should back up the registry. I've copied my documents and music and all, but how do I backup the registry without the CD? And do I even have to if I'm 'recovering' the PC?

Thanx.

2. DSorcerer

DSorcerer Private E-2

imo i never backup my registry on a clean install dont need all the crap that was in there to infest a new install

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If you have backed up your vital documents, you don't need to worry about backing up the Registry if you are formatting.

4. scouse

scouse Corporal

Registry is not needed like others have said..A clean install is just that a clean OS an new clean registry..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds