how to change jumpers and know what I'm looking for on a motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by millwall, Jul 5, 2004.

1. millwall

millwall Private E-2

Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID 02/12/2003-SiS-651-6A6IXE19C-00
    Motherboard Name ECS L4S5MG3

Front Side Bus Properties
    Bus Type Intel NetBurst
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)
    Effective Clock 533 MHz
    Bandwidth 4266 MB/s

The above is my motherboard , any idea off a site that can explain what all the layout means (Ie: like how I can change jumpers and which ones to change)also can explain what's what ?

also I think I need to move a jumper because I recently added a graphic card and get a message in Pc Pitstop about a disabled device (OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller [problem code 10]) which I think relates to my onboard graphics ,so I would like to try and remove my onboard graphics.Ty all for your help Dave

2. millwall

millwall Private E-2

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

First off, I don't think you are looking at the correct motherboard. I believe this is your mobo:
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=28&DetailName=Specification

I can't download anything off of ECS' website either so you'll probably have to go elsewhere and download them seperately.

SIS will get you your chipset and video drivers: (you'll need the IDE drivers, AGP(gart) drivers, and IGP graphics drivers for SiS 650 & SiS 740)
    http://download.sis.com

And Realtek should have your network card drivers:
    ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/nic/rtl8139abcd8130810xseries/rtlsetup-rtlnic(612).zip

"OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller [problem code 10]"

IEEE 1394 is firewire. If you don't have a firewire card in your system, then just disable this device in device manager.

4. millwall

millwall Private E-2

Ty Wyatt_Earp for your reply ,

I've found the site (ECS' website in England) to download the drivers from( by accident :) ) .not sure weather to go ahead as my computer working fine just wanted to see if I cauld make it run a bit faster :)

any ideas about the jumper setting thing ( my last computer which was a packard bell and managed to get a picture off the motherboard that explained what every thing was and where the jumpers were )
    cheers Dave

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Well, the motherboard manual should tell you exactly what the jumpers are and how to set them. You should be able to download it from the same website you downloaded the drivers from. :)

6. millwall

millwall Private E-2

Ty Wyatt_Earp for your reply ,

I'll download manual and hopfully I'll understand it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds