How to change window that opens when ....

Discussion in 'Software' started by blkittygirl, Aug 1, 2006.

1. blkittygirl

blkittygirl Private First Class

How would I change the window that opens when I click the browse button?
    Anybody got any ideas? I hate where it opens.
    B

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Need more info ;)

What is the window that opens ?

You don't like where it open ? or you don't like what it shows ?

I assume you mean internet explorer or whatever browser you are using

3. blkittygirl

No no. I mean the Browse button that opens like, for instance when you click on a folder and click properties and click change icon. It opens up a browse window so you can choose where the icon file is. Mine opens at system32. I would like it to open to My Documents. Is there a way to do this?
    B

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

That all depends on what program you use to browse from. if you are in word and do open it will probably remember where you were last time, or default to 'my documents'

its could probably be changed with a registry edit but I don't reccomend doing that.

The reason your browse dialog at the moment is showing system32 is because thats where the current icon is most likly stored, the windows 'shell' icons are stored in a dll in that folder

5. blkittygirl

Okey dokey. Thanks for the input. I guess I'll just have to be aggrevated.lol
    B

6. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

COmputers will do that to you ;). If someone has a 'hack' for this, I'm sure they will post it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds