How to configure IE6 to open JPG's with MS Photo Editor

Discussion in 'Software' started by jrpadar, Oct 3, 2006.

1. jrpadar

jrpadar Private E-2

My wife has taken a liking to gmail, however when she opens a jpg attachment it opens in an IE browser window and most times exceeds the visible screen.

My Outlook opens jpg files with MS Photo Editor which automatically sizes the attachment to fit on the screen.

Is there any way to tell IE6 to open jpg files with MS Photo Editor? I have already gone through the drill of specifying that MS Photo Editor should "always" be used to open jpgs, but IE seems to ignore that setting.

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Go to Internet Options in IE. I assume you know how to do this. Then go to the Programs tab. Now edit the program that you want to use.

3. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    IE Internet Options doesn't have an option to use a specific program for graphics.
    [​IMG]
    She could download the .jpg, save it to her pictures folder and it would open with MS Photo Editor or since you use Outlook, she could use Outlook Express with her Gmail account. Have her click on help at Gmail and type in 'Use Outlook Express with Gmail' in search there.
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps!
    :)

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Hmm, I coulda sworn IE had the feature, thanks Toni for clearing it up

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds