how to copy contents of digital videocassette tape to hard disk

Discussion in 'Software' started by barexam, Jul 25, 2005.

1. barexam

barexam Private E-2

Does anyone know how to copy contents of digital videocassette to the hard drive? I have a Canon ZR 200 and I record videos on videocassette. I tried connecting the cam to the computer using the USB connection cable that comes in the package but the computer cannot detect the camera that way. The instructions in the manual are only about copying from the memory card to the computer. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. womfalcs7

womfalcs7 Private First Class

That's weird, if it's digital video it should be able to be transferred via a USB cable. However, if the camcorder came with an A/V cable that connects to the television, you can get this device called "Dazzle" from any electronics store. You can use this to transfer video from the camera to the computer. Look into it.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I have a Sony dcr pc9 and that is the same on mine you can only 'communicate' with the memory stick via that USB connection. But I also have a "i-link"/IEEE 1394 or firewire connection to transfer video to the pc. Which according to places I visited your cam has also.. the question is does your PC support it??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds