How to create an audible signal for thread updates?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Meanfire, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Meanfire

Meanfire Private E-2

I spend a lot of time playing M:tG on a game forum very similar to this one - http://rpol.net . I'm trying to find a way of letting me know audibly that one of my games has a new post, so that I don't have to keep getting up and going over to my computer, interrupting whatever I was doing.

I typically use Firefox 7.01 - I don't like updating Firefox until most of the add-ons which I use are updated for the new version. But I have recent versions of Google Chrome and Apple Safari as backup browsers. I have set my game tabs to update every five minutes using the Tab Mix Plus add-on for Firefox. But I don't want to get up every five minutes to check.

I've looked through the Firefox add-ons, but can't find any help. I've been unable to deduce the right search terms to have Google find what I'm looking for. And I'm hoping there is a free/freeware solution to this.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Jeffrey G

2. unimatrix001

unimatrix001 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds