How to create desktop shortcut with Imac???

Discussion in 'Software' started by ej1245, Dec 29, 2005.

1. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

I'm trying to help my 75 yr old mom create a desktop shortcut to her web site with her Imac, only prob is shes 3000 miles away and I am a windows pc user! Can somebody give me some info here???:confused:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

we do have a few mac users here but I dont see any of them online at present so you may have to bare with us a bit, I just cannot remember, but a windows way that may work is highlight and copy the URL then paste it on the desktop?

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

On some browsers (windows) you can select the link within the bookmarks section, then rightclick "copy". Then go to the desktop and paste it there.

Or, just before the URL of the site, you can move the graphical icon (within the address bar) onto your desktop.

No clue if this works on a mac or not.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What theefool said. Click the icon next to the web address and drag it to the desktop :)

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Wow, so this does work with macs! Who thought of it first though? Hmmm... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds