How to debug Flashplayer/Java Website Content? help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by zapp, Jan 3, 2008.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

Folks, I do some stock trading when not fooling with computing stuff, and my primary "quick snapshot" site is finance.yahoo.com. I have gotten very fond of their new charting applet/s and use them regularly. Until yesterday.

My main rig is a compaq evo D510, Win XP pro 5.1.2600, IE 7 build 75730, 1.5GB RAM. Yesterday the charting feature simply would not load. that in/of itself was not unusual... sometimes it fails but by flushing cache and retrying it nearly always succeeds. This time nothing I did could get it to work. I've done everything typical: CCleaner'd all the temp hiding places, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, uninstalled and reinstalled Java Runtime Environment, scanned my registry for the umpteenth time cleaning up a few errors, many reboots, setup a separate new account on the system and tried it there. no luck.

I have a second system, not in my office, that is very near identical to this one, and all is swell on it. works fine.

An example address for a chart, if you care to look, is http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#symbol=GOOG;range=5d

Can someone tell me how to debug the site or ????? to try and get this working?

The only thing I can think of that has been new lately was/is my use of an interactive mapping site, mapper.acme.com, which is EXCELLENT, by the way... uses a number of graphics widgets & java controls. it works fine on my system. Did it break something?

all help appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds