How to delete high scores?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ancsi0909, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

Hello everybody,

I know there is a forum for games, but I think my question is rather a software-one.

Our family members often play a mahjong game (war mahjong) (http://freeonlinemahjonggames.net/warmahjong.html) and yhen you finish, the PC stores your best score. Usually it's around 15300-15400, but once I got 15590 which is very high for that game.
    It's kind of frustrating for everybody else never to achieve the best score again, so I wanted to delete the score but I can't. Whenever I click on the web address, it tells me the score, even 2 months after the last visit. 1 PC's operating system is Windows 7, the other's Windows XP.
    Without having to reinstall the whole operation system, has anybody an idea how to delete the best scores? (I tried to look for a help-page on the site itself but couldn't find any webmaster.)

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Greetings from France,
    Aniko

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Ancsi0909.

Try dumping your Temporary Internet Files cache(s) and/or running CCleaner.

3. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

Hi Caliban!

I don't know how it happened, but the high score is deleted! So thanks! I tried to delete the temporary files and cookies (was a bit difficult to find out where and how in Mozilla Firefox, but I finally managed.) Didn't try Ccleaner.
    So thanks very much! I guess my computer feels better / lighter now too :)

Aniko

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

What Caliban suggested is a "very" safe and reliable tool for thoroughly cleaning out the system of "junk" files and I have used it for 8-9 years now.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Glad you got it sorted, Ancsi0909, and thanks for the feedback.

(And thank you, Bold Eagle, for the CCleaner recommendation - it is a very good freeware program).

6. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

Hi there, Bold Eagle and Caliban!

I do know CCleaner, I used it sometimes, I am sure it is a great program, I just managed to solve my problem without it this time, that's what I meant. However if speaking of CCleaner, I've had a little problem with it when I used it. I don't know which case to unlock if I don't want that it deletes the history of my net-pages. There are about 20 pages which I visit regularly on a daily or weekly basis, and after a while, if I use that addresse a lot, it's enough to type one or two letter(s) and it proposes me the right link on the first place. These pages are not saved in bookmarks though. So when I used CCleaner, it got all deleted and it gave me a bit of a hard time to refind all those sites. So I wasn't brave enough to use that many times... :)

Thanks for all help!
    Aniko

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

8. Ancsi0909

Ancsi0909 Private E-2

I watched the tutorial video and it gave me new informations all right. But could you tell me which is the line I should uncheck if I want to keep the links I regularly visit? Is it history, download history, or form history? I guess it's not cookies, but I'm not sure which history.
    Thanks!
    A.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds