How to disable Chrome pop up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andyman77, Jan 25, 2011.

1. andyman77

andyman77 Private E-2

Hi all,

My question is:- How can i stop the google chrome pop up from appearing everytime my internet is activated?

I have attacted an image if your unsure of what i'm talking about.

Thank you for your assistance and keep up the good work for us a little less knowledgable

Andy

Attached Files:

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

I got it to stop showing in my IE by opening a browser, clicking the X in the corner of the chrome window, closing the page again immediately. When i reopened it was gone but I don't know how long it will stay like that.

I use firefox with igoogle. If you try it, delete most of what it auto-fills in and add something you want to see. I have up the weather from 5 cities, kid's joke of the day and german word of the day.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yeah I have tried the same thing as handygal and X'd out of it and it goes for a while, then pops up again randomly, it may also appear if you clean out cookies (so could using CCLeaners Cookie option keep the Google one once you have X'd out of it)

Also in IE, check this setting for Userdata persistence and its found by opening OE nd clicking Tools > Internet Options > Security > click the Internet security zone icon (1st globe icon) > Custom Level and scroll down to UserData persistance and select Enable (it maybe already set by default but just check)

Or use BING, but as its Googles own search engine, as a company they have the right to advertise their products and as a consumer if we dont like that practice then change search engine as there are better ones or email the company with feedback as to why you dont like this addition and can their be an option in the google account menus to dissable items like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds