How To Embed Product Key Into Windows Installation Iso?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdonah, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I did up some NTLited Windows installation ISOs and using YUMI, "burned" them to an external hard drive.

I booted from that hard drive to test things.

On ALL of them, Setup starts but shortly thereafter a screen comes up about the Product Key not matching. When I click OK, it goes back to the Install Windows Now/Repair your computer screen.

Is there some way I can embed the correctly corresponding Product Key for each ISO?

The OSes I've got on the hard drive are Win 7 Ultimate, Win 8 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro. All are x64.

TYIA

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I solved the YUMI problem. I used WinSetupfromUSB instead and tested it. I chose the Win 7 setup after booting to the USB connected HDD and things proceeded normally. I got no message about the Product Key not matching.

I had read about modifying/creating the ei.cfg file but it wasn't necessary to do.

Thanks anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds