1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Enable Images While Viewing Mail In Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Software' started by 20Valve, Aug 11, 2007.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

I have recently installed and began using Thunderbird. So far, I like it. One thing though, how do I enable image display within the body of an email? I am sure there is a setting somewhere. I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Click on View > Message Body As is set to either "Original HTML" or "Simple HTML".

If the images are attached to messages: go to the "View" menu and make sure that "Display Attachments Inline" is checked.

Steve

3. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Matacumbie -

I went and checked the setting as you suggested. Original was already enabled. I tried all three settings with no luck. I have a yellow/orange at the top of each message that provides info regarding the message currently being viewed. It has a button to "load images." Images appear when I click it.

Somehow I have another setting somewhere that needs to changed. Any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to help!

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try Tools > Options > (Advanced if using 1.07 or below) > Privacy > General and uncheck the box for "Block loading of remote images in mail messages

Steve

5. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Matacumbie -

It seems that it was a Zone Alarm setting. After poking around in Zone Alarm I figured it out. If I had mentioned that I had Zone Alarm email setting in my original post I think I would have been set straight from the outset.

Thanks for the help.

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Just glad you got it figured out, good job. :)

Steve