how to get 1440 x 900 resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by island girl, Feb 5, 2007.

1. island girl

island girl Private E-2

Hi I just bought a 19 inch Acer Al1916w widescreen monitor!! It says that to make sure that i have the latest graphics card drive so I can get the 1440 x 900 resolution!! How do i do this!!!! in the windows control panel the bset i can do is 1280 x 1024 & i am not liking it!!! i had a 17 inch flAT screen before & this resolution was fine then!!! Can you please help!!! Thanks :cry

2. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Hi, I have the same monitor and I love it. What graphics card are you running? If the proper resolution does not show up in your display properties try updating the drivers for your video card.

For a nVidia card go here.

For an ATI card go here.

Select your operating system and the series of card you have and download the installer. :)

3. island girl

island girl Private E-2

Hi thanks alot...could you help me figure out what graphics card i have & what exactly i have to do to update my driver!! I'm a little green at this!! thanks again

4. island girl

island girl Private E-2

hi i think my driver is VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP...does this help you any Thanks

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You can use Everest to find out exactly what you need. After installing it, choose Display > Windows Video. All the info will be there.

6. Anon-15281db623

It seems like you have an integrated graphics port so I searched the model you posted and this came up. You can go here to read a little bit about it and you might be able to find some newer drivers. I'd also recommend running Everest to find out what kind of graphics solution you have for sure.

http://www.s3graphics.com/en/resources/drivers/index.jsp

7. island girl

island girl Private E-2

hI ...THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE BUT i AM STILL LOST... I RAN EVEREST BUT I AM STILL NOT FINDING AN UPDATE ON S3GRAPHICS !! IF I TOLD YOU WHAT YOU NEEDED TO KNOW FROM EVEREST WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO HELP ME???? JUST LET ME KNOW!!! tHANKS AGAIN

8. Anon-15281db623

9. island girl

island girl Private E-2

hi there...just wanted to say thanks for alll your help but i just don't understand what i need to do...talked to hp tech & she said to download driver update which i did but no difference & she didint seem to be able to help me once i downloaded the file...she didnt seem to know anymore about then me & said i would need to buy a newvideo card>???? Is this true???

10. Anon-15281db623

When you downloaded the driver file, did you run and install the updated drivers by double clicking on the file and restart your computer when prompted? Since your computer has integrated graphics (the video processing is done on the motherboard and not on an external video card) it might not support wide screen resolutions, or it just may be outdated.

It is possible to upgrade to a newer graphics solution that supports wide screen resolutions but we need to know more about your computer in order to make a recommendation or help you out any further.

How old is it, what is the make and model, what are the computer's specifications: processor, memory, motherboard, hard drives, graphics, etc... Also what type of applications do you run: your operating system, and general usage like surfing the web, text documents, or gaming.

Most of this information can be found using the Everest program linked above. Report back with some of this information and maybe we can figure something out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds