1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get into root console

Discussion in 'Software' started by virus456, Feb 14, 2008.

1. virus456

virus456 Private E-2

how do u get into the root console in fedora 6? how do u do it when u cant login? because we cant even log in.

we have tried this one vga cmd but our screen just started blinking
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. Poltergiest

Poltergiest Private E-2

you search for it on google jon.
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If you dont know the answer, then DO NOT reply, the tech areas of Majorgeeks are for serious help and assitance not a playground.

Please read

Further posts like this will be deleted.

4. Poltergiest

Poltergiest Private E-2

i wasnt trying to start anything.Virus is one of my guildies..I didnt mean to go against the forums rules or Admins.I apologize
  5. adm1329

adm1329 Private E-2

It's been a while since I've had to do this. But I think this will work.

just fire up the machine, then at the Grub bootloader screen, select the option to edit the boot line and put a 1 at the end of it. This will load the OS to run level 1 and drop you to a root shell without requesting any login credentials. At this point you can simply use passwd to change the root user's password.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2008