How to get MS Office 2007 to ignore windows theme

Discussion in 'Software' started by hedron, Jun 25, 2011.

1. hedron

hedron Private E-2

I have attached what I mean. MS Office isn't very practical with my theme and I was wondering if there was a way to get MS Office 2007 to ignore the Windows theme. Or am I just going to have to revert it to the default white?

Attached Files:

2. david jr

david jr Private E-2

you need to be more clear

3. hedron

hedron Private E-2

I'm sorry but I was perfectly clear. I think you posted that just because you don't know the answer and want to blame me for my alleged inability to articulate my problem, when in reality it is you for not knowing the answer. But that is perfectly OK, because I don't know the answer either or I would not have asked. ;)

4. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Press the MS Office orb in the top-right of MS Word and press the "Word Options" button at the bottom right of the pop-up menu. Then select the "Popular" option and you can see a Colour Scheme drop down menu.

Here is the MS Office article on the subject: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/e...ppearance-of-office-programs-HA010174912.aspx

Hmmm.. changing the Office color scheme doesn't seem to affect the colour of the "paper" background in word only the Windows colours. It seems that you have to change your desktop theme for it to change the pale red into something more readable.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds