How to get multiple USB flash drives to show as one Drive letter?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrokenArrows, Feb 21, 2010.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Ok not sure if this is possible but here we go.

Right i have put a load of smaller USB flash drives into an old CD drive casing and wired it up to a USB hub so it basically acts as an internal harddrive.

Only issue is that each usb shows under a different drive letter.

I was just wondering if there was anyway to get all the usbs to show under a single drive letter and act as a single drive?

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Sorry, don't think you can.

You would be better of just buying a 100gb HDD for around £30 ($40)??

Burrell

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

a 160GB HDD costs around £25 from http://www.ebuyer.com

Even if you did manage to get them all under the same drive lette, they would probably end up mirroring each other, so you would end up with x numbers of copies of the same data.

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

It was just a quick guestimate.

5. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

im not going to buy one as i have plenty of space.
    i was just wondering as it would be a cool project for anyone with loads of spare flash drives.
    but its kinda messy with loads of drive letters.

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Fair' nuff.

7. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Make a RAID out of them :-D Note: you will have to run a modded driver on all of the jumpdrives to fool your os into thinking there internal drives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds